The works of art (“Works”) offered by or through the MirageGallery.com.au website (“Site”) are made available subject to the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”). By accessing and using the Website, you agree to be bound by, and to comply with, the Terms and Conditions and any further terms and conditions that Mirage Gallery may prescribe from time to time.
USE OF THE SITE
- 1.1. You may only use the Site to browse its content and make legitimate purchases of Works available for sale on the Site. You may not use the Site for any other purposes, including without limitation, to make any speculative, false or fraudulent purchase.
- 1.2. In using the Site you agree not to use any information or material in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark patent or other proprietary right of any party;
- 1.3. Agree not to use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Website or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Site;
- 1.4. Agree not to attempt to gain unauthorized access to any of the services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Site through hacking, password mining or any other means.
CONTENT DISPLAYED ON THE SITE
- 2.1 You agree that the images of the Works displayed on the Site (“Site Images”) are representations only.
- 2.2 Mirage Gallery has taken reasonable care to ensure that the Works are presented as accurately as possible and will accept no responsibility for differences between the Site Images and the actual Works.
- 2.3 The Site and its content, including but not limited to the Site Images, may not be copied, modified, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, transferred or sold, displayed, or in any way exploited, in whole or in part, except as is expressly permitted by Mirage Gallery.
- 2.4 Mirage Gallery reserves the right to modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Site (or any part of thereof) with or without notice to you and you hereby agree that Mirage Gallery shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Site.
UPDATING OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 3.1 Mirage Gallery shall have the right to change, modify, add to or delete portions or the whole of these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Changes to these Terms and Conditions will become effective upon such changes being posted on the Site. It is your obligation to periodically check these Terms and Conditions for changes or updates. Your use of the Site following the posting of changes or updates will be considered notice of your acceptance to abide by and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, including such changes or updates.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- 4.1 The Site and its content are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. Without limiting the generality of this clause 4.1, the following warranties are expressly excluded:
1. Merchantability or fitness of the Works for any particular purpose;
2. Compatibility of the Site with your technology, equipment or software;
3. Compliance with any law;
4. Uninterrupted or error free functionality of the Site;
5. Correction of defects;
6. Non-infringement of any rights.
- 4.2 Whilst Mirage Gallery has taken reasonable measures to ensure the integrity of the Site and its content, no warranty, whether express or implied, is given that any files, downloads or applications available via the Website are free of viruses, Trojans, bombs, time-locks or any other data or code which has the ability to corrupt or affect the operation of your system.
- 4.3 You agree that Mirage Gallery does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the Site, and operation of the Site may be interfered with or adversely affected by numerous factors or circumstances outside of Mirage Gallery’s control.
- 4.4 In no event shall Mirage Gallery be liable for any loss or damages including direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages of whatsoever nature whether based in contract, strict liability or otherwise, arising out of or in any way connected with the use of the Site, the inability to use the Site, the operational failure of the Site, or for any information, data, products, and/or services obtained through the Site.
- 4.5 Specifications about and other information and material regarding any Works for sale on the Site are provided by the Artist(s) concerned and are verified by Mirage Gallery. Whilst Mirage Gallery makes every effort to ensure that the information and material on the Site is accurate, Mirage Gallery makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy or reliability of any information provided on the Site. You acknowledge that any reliance on representations and warranties provided by any Artist shall be at your own risk.
- 4.6 Insofar as the Site contains links to any other internet websites, you acknowledge and agree that Mirage Gallery has neither the power nor control over any such websites and shall not be liable in any way whatsoever for the content of any such linked websites, nor for any loss or damage arising from your use of any such websites.
- 4.7 The use of this Site is expressly forbidden in those territories where the law does not allow any provision in this clause to take full effect.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- 5.1. All content included on the Site such as text, images, graphics, button icons, images, audio clips, databases, software, and names, images, and logos or marks identifying MirageGallery.com.au and/or any third party is the property of Mirage Gallery or its content suppliers and protected by Australian and international copyright laws. Furthermore, the compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all content on the Site is the exclusive property of Mirage Gallery and is protected by Australian and international copyright laws. The Artists represented on the Site have granted a license to MirageGallery.com.au for all images uploaded to be available for use in support of marketing and promoting the Site. Mirage Gallery hereby grants you permission to electronically copy and print portions of the Site for the sole purpose of placing an order for a Work with Mirage Gallery. Unless otherwise explicitly stated by Mirage Gallery, the copyright of any Works remains with the originating artist.
- 5.2. All Works are owned solely by the relevant Artists and are subject to Australian and international copyright laws. The Artist warrants that he has the title to and owns the Works represented to be owned by them on the Site.
- 5.3. The sale of the copyright in a Work is a separate transaction and not part of the sale of the Work unless otherwise agreed in writing between yourself and the Artist.
- 5.4. Any misuse of the content on the Site, including without limitation, reproduction for purposes other than those specified in 5.1 above, modification, distribution or republication of any part of such materials without the prior written permission of Mirage Gallery, is strictly prohibited.
- 5.5. Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as conferring upon you, expressly or by implication, any license or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright owned by Mirage Gallery, the Artist or any third party.
- 6.1. Works which are not available for purchase will not be able to be added to your shopping basket. However, due to the fact that each Work is unique there is a possibility that a Work that has been checked out may be unavailable for purchase. In this case a full refund will be provided by Mirage Gallery.
- 6.2. Mirage Gallery shall not be liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damages of whatsoever nature suffered by you due to the unavailability of any Works featured on the Site for any reason whatsoever.
ONLINE PAYMENT – PAYPAL
- 7.1 All online credit card payments are processed by PayPal. Card Holders may go to https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security to view PayPal’s security policy.
- 8.1 When you click to make a purchase, your right to a refund of monies charged to your credit card or paid in any other way agreed by Mirage Gallery, are limited by MirageGallery.com.au’s Purchase Process. You are directed not to make any purchase through this Website unless you understand and agree to the Purchase Process. Once payment is made for the purchase, it is deemed that you have read, understood and agreed to the Purchase Process.
RIGHT TO CANCEL
- 9.1 Cancellations will only permitted if the artwork has not yet been dispatched.
VIOLATION AND WAIVER
- 10.1. If Mirage Gallery should fail to enforce any right or provision in the Terms and Conditions, you agree that this failure does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision or of any other rights or provisions in the Terms and Conditions.
- 10.2. If a court should find that one or more rights or provisions set forth in the Terms and Conditions are invalid, you agree that the remainder of the Terms and Conditions shall be enforceable and that, to the extent permitted by law, the court shall give effect to the parties’ intentions, as reflected in any such right or provision that has been declared invalid or unenforceable.
PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 18
- 11.1 If you are under 18 years of age you agree that you have had your parents or legal guardians permission to send any information to us about yourself or anyone else over the internet.
- 11.2 Mirage Gallery makes no representations or warranties to the effect that the contents of this Site are suitable for people under the age of 18.